Maybe you just read some of my posts and were introduced to the thought of Jesus for the first time. Maybe you’ve been thinking about Him for a while, unsure what you truly believe. Whatever your situation is–spiritually or physically–God cares about you. He loves you very much, and if you’ve not yet accepted Him, He’s standing at the door of your heart and knocking to come in. He wants you to accept Him more than anything. If you’re unsure of what the Christian life is about, or how to get started, read the text below. Depending on what you do with it, it could change your life forever.
- God has always existed–always. He created this earth and everything in it. He created the stars, and all the other planets. Everything came from Him; He made it all. The very first line of the Bible (Genesis 1:1) says: “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” But most importantly, He created YOU.
- The very first humans were Adam and Eve. God had given them an entire garden where everything was absolutely perfect. It was paradise. God gave them only one rule: do not eat the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, or you will die. Unfortunately, the devil, in the form of a snake, tempted Eve and she took a bite of the fruit. And then when she gave it to Adam, he also took a bite. That was the first sin.
- Because God is perfect, He could not allow His creation to disobey Him. He threw them out of the Garden of Eden. However, He loved His creation so much that He could not let them suffer forever; He loved us enough to make a way for us to be reunited with Himself.
- In order to do so, He sent His Son down to earth years and years later. He came down from His throne in Heaven, down to a terrible place called earth. He gave it all up for us because He loved us so much. He was killed by crucifixion on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice.
- He did not stay dead, however. He came back to life three days later, just like He said He would.
- Because of His life on earth, His death on the cross, and His resurrection three days later, we can now be reunited with God. Jesus Christ died so that we our relationship with God could be restored.
- God loves you more than you could ever imagine. There’s so much more to the story, but I’ve given you the basics. You might be wondering, “Great, but why did I click the link in the first place?” The answer is because, if you have not yet accepted Jesus, you have not been reunited with God. You have not yet been saved. Fortunately for you, God is not far away. He does not require you to give Him presents in order to be saved. All you have to do is go through the ABC’s of salvation: A–Admit that you’re a sinner, just like Adam and Eve. We’ve all done wrong. Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” 1 John 1:9 tells us that “If we confess out sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” B–Believe that Jesus is Lord. Believe that He died for you to save you, believe that He loves you. C– Call to Him. Ask Him to save you. He promises that if we admit and believe, He will save us. John 1:12–“But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name.”
You may be thinking to yourself, “That read was a waste of time.” But I promise you it wasn’t! You are here for a reason. It’s 100% the truth, and if you believe it, God will forgive you and save you from the place of eternal punishment. Not because you deserve it or can earn it, but because He loves you. The Christian life is amazing, if you only choose to believe and act on your faith. It truly is. Choose to accept Him today, because He’s calling!
If you still have questions or are unsure if you truly believe, I highly encourage you to look into the story more. There’s a lot more information than what I put here, and much more to the Christian life. I gave you the basics–the foundation. But I guarantee that you won’t regret your decision if you decide to accept this.
Jesus is calling…are you going to answer the door?